Less than a week ago, Lois and Richard got MARRIED! It was such an incredible day to celebrate two wonderful people. Here were some of my highlights:
- The amazing vendors that they hired; it was so great to meet so many talented individuals.
- The stunning views at Pitt Lake in the rain; this is always a killer spot, no matter the weather.
- The fun we had making sure the bride and groom didn’t see each other during all the photos that we took before the ceremony. They took turns waiting in the car as I did the opposite party; it was quite entertaining!
- The way the couple honoured the people who had been so critical in inspiring them both. They had many “sponsors” who were the individuals who are people they wanted to honour for the role they have had in their lives. They all walked down first at the start of the ceremony; so great!
- The fact that the first thing the couple did to begin the ceremony was each read a letter to their parents, thanking them for all that they had done.
- The moment when the groom started crying while he was reading this letter, and the ring bearer came forward with a kleenex for him.
- The first dances that ended up teaching us that the couple (and their parents) can really dance!
- The delicious dinner that was served by such friendly staff.
- The laid back, family feel that the reception held (and the hilarious and heartfelt speeches!).
- And most importantly, the incredible couple that was such a joy to celebrate all day long!
Here’s to the new couple and their beautiful adventure ahead!