I still remember when I first met Natasha for coffee and she started sharing her love story with Kyle and then talked about the wedding. She then said, “Oh, and we are hoping that you might be willing to fly to Mexico to an all inclusive resort to shoot the wedding….would you be up for this?” It took me about 10 seconds of thinking it over before I said, “UMM…YES!!”
I had the pleasure of travelling with their 40 wedding guests and getting to hang out with them for a few days at the resort. The weather was amazing, and the beaches were stunning, so we all knew that we were in for a killer wedding!
Here were some of my favourite parts:
- The bride started her morning by reading notes from each of her bridesmaids.
- A mimosa bar was delivered to our room and was beautifully set up for the ladies!
- We had the most stunning first look location and there was the perfect amount of wind to get that veil going!
- As opposed to torturing ourselves in the insane humidity for two hours worth of photos, we did about 30 minutes and then ran back to the rooms with AC and did the photos later in the evening.
- When we got back to the room, all the ladies stripped down and we ran to the buffet to fill our plates and then ate loads of delicious food in the room enjoying the AC prior to the ceremony.
- They got married on a beach…need I say more?
- The wedding party was a champ as they walked along the beach barefoot to get some great photos.
- As we were waiting for the reception, some of the guests went back to the lobby, ordered wings, and then delivered them as appies before the reception – so great!
- The reception was an intimate feel with a small group so there were long tables all facing each other. It had such a family feel which was awesome.
- The great couple who was such a blast to celebrate!
Cheers to the new happy couple!