Being a wedding photographer is always quite exciting as you get to meet so many new couples. It’s always so fun going for coffee for the first time as you never know what they are going to be like. Within a few minutes of my first time meeting Landon and Tamara, I knew I had struck gold. Landon was one of the most involved groom’s I had ever worked with; he clearly had a goal of doing as much as he could and taking as much off Tamara’s plate leading up to the wedding in order to love and serve her well. Tamara is one of the most fun-loving, free people who quickly spreads her contagious joy. It’s no surprise then that their wedding day was absolutely beautiful.
Here were some of my favourite parts:
- The bride did her own make-up in the morning with a tiny mirror, 100% stress free.
- I got to drive with the bride, her mom, and some of her bridesmaids to the church and I couldn’t decide who was more excited for the big day between the bride and her mom. Seriously, she was ecstatic; it was awesome.
- The tearful ceremony that felt so real and genuine.
- The fact that the first thing the couple did once they were pronounced “married,” was walk over to the cross and kneel down together. They took a moment to pray and soak in the moment. As they stood up, the tears in their eyes made you realize that they really understood just how sacred and profound this day really was.
- The killer wedding party; a special shoutout to Ben who rocked the jokes to make the party laugh on demand.
- The amazing lighting we had in this beautiful meadow-like forest for the photos.
- The heartfelt and meaningful speeches that had you laughing and crying (sometimes at the same time!).
- The fact that pizza was served at around 10pm (my kind of wedding).
- This may have been one of the best dance parties I had seen at a wedding.
- The sparkler exit that had all the guests beaming as they celebrated this beautiful new couple!
Here’s to the beautiful new couple and their many adventures ahead!