Over the last few years, I’ve come to know this family quite well. From multiple maternity shoots, to multiple newborn shoots, it has been a joy to get to see them venture through so many seasons! Despite very little sleep, they managed to rock this photoshoot!
Just last year, I had the privilege of photographing Jenna and Steven’s wedding day which was such a blast. It was one of the hottest weddings of the season but they were champs throughout it all. I was soo excited when I got an email from Jenna asking if I could do maternity photos for them. It’s such an honour to get to capture special moments for couples that used to be strangers but are now friends! They are going to be unreal parents and will make sure this baby is well loved (pretty sure even their dog is going to accomplish that one!). So here are some photos of the beautiful mama and the awesome dad to tie you over until we get to see super adorable photos of their BABY!
I still remember when I first met Natasha for coffee and she started sharing her love story with Kyle and then talked about the wedding. She then said, “Oh, and we are hoping that you might be willing to fly to Mexico to an all inclusive resort to shoot the wedding….would you be up for this?” It took me about 10 seconds of thinking it over before I said, “UMM…YES!!”
I had the pleasure of travelling with their 40 wedding guests and getting to hang out with them for a few days at the resort. The weather was amazing, and the beaches were stunning, so we all knew that we were in for a killer wedding!
Here were some of my favourite parts:
- The bride started her morning by reading notes from each of her bridesmaids.
- A mimosa bar was delivered to our room and was beautifully set up for the ladies!
- We had the most stunning first look location and there was the perfect amount of wind to get that veil going!
- As opposed to torturing ourselves in the insane humidity for two hours worth of photos, we did about 30 minutes and then ran back to the rooms with AC and did the photos later in the evening.
- When we got back to the room, all the ladies stripped down and we ran to the buffet to fill our plates and then ate loads of delicious food in the room enjoying the AC prior to the ceremony.
- They got married on a beach…need I say more?
- The wedding party was a champ as they walked along the beach barefoot to get some great photos.
- As we were waiting for the reception, some of the guests went back to the lobby, ordered wings, and then delivered them as appies before the reception – so great!
- The reception was an intimate feel with a small group so there were long tables all facing each other. It had such a family feel which was awesome.
- The great couple who was such a blast to celebrate!
Cheers to the new happy couple!
Jenny and Steve have been such a delight to get to know over this season of working with them. When we first met for coffee, we realized we had so much in common and it made me so excited when they chose to use me as their photographer. Their day was beautifully centred around honouring their family, thanking God for all that He had done for them, and enjoying time with their guests. They totally rocked the rain and were smiling all day long. It was such an honour to celebrate them!
Pitt Lake is an ever-faithful photo spot that is one of my favourite backdrops. No matter how many times I shoot there, I still find myself feeling inspired by both the beautiful nature around us and the new couple in front of me. Taylor and Rebekah were a blast to hang out with; they could make each other laugh and so clearly love being together. So excited for their big day this summer!
A few weeks ago, Kelv and I went to Portland with Kenton and Ally for a week. Before we went, we gathered a long list of recommendations thanks to good ol’ social media and then we planned our trip around those spots. We ended up spending 2 days in the city, 2 in nature, and 2 on the beach, which was definitely the way to go! We lucked out on the weather big time, had delicious food, found the best coffee shops, and definitely had the best company! Here’s to great adventures with great friends!
Last week, I had the privilege of photographing an incredibly special day for two remarkable people. Tori and Jon are fun-loving, authentic, and genuine individuals who knew how to throw a killer party! Here were some of my favourite parts about the day:
- The fact that the bride’s dress was handmade by a friend and she was literally stitched into it after she put it on.
- The expression on Tori’s face as she looked into the mirror for the first time since putting on her dress. “Eeeek! I look like a bride!!”
- The beautiful handwritten vows that they exchanged.
- The killer wedding party; this crew was seriously a blast.
- The fact that the whole day was about the moments, not about the photo ops or the way the wedding looked to those around them.
- The absolutely stunning sunset we had at the end of the wedding portraits; what a gift!
- The fact that the reception was catered by the kitchen staff from the camp these two met at.
- The kissing board that the MCs had where guests could decide what style of kiss they wanted to see. T+J crushed it!
- The sparkler exit that, despite us not being able to find a lighter and attempted to do it by two candles, was so beautiful!
- The magnificent couple that we got to celebrate and cheer on all day long!
You know when Cascade Falls is the choice of location for an engagement shoot, you are going to end up with some stellar backdrops! We certainly got this privilege as Justen, Katie, and I made the trek up to the falls (I say that just for kicks as we all know it takes about 10 minutes to hike up…ha!). Katie had hoped for snow and sun for her engagement shoot and by some crazy coincidence, that’s exactly what we got. It wasn’t until the last 15 minutes that it started snowing and it only lasted for a few minutes, but it was enough to get her absolutely beaming as she couldn’t believe it! I loved hanging out with these two and I am so pumped to shoot their big day!
True gentlemen blow on their fiance’s hair so it blows nicely in the wind… 🙂