These two got off a red-eye from Hawaii and then met me in Steveston that evening for their engagement photos! Not only were they shockingly awake, but they totally rocked this shoot; from chasing the light with me, to knowing exactly how to make each other laugh. So excited to shoot their big day next June!
Cecil and Bethany said they wanted to go to Barnston Island for engagement photos and at first, I assumed this was some far away place on the Sunshine Coast. When I googled it, I was shocked to find it was only about 20 minutes away from my own backyard. It is about a 3 minute free ferry ride and is the most wonderful place! We only ran into two other cars and felt like it was our own private island. There were beautiful beaches, trails, and huge fields. The best part, however, was this incredible family of three!
I loved the way Liv looked up to her parents and wanted to copy her mom everytime I asked her to dance. As I watched Cecil and Bethany pose for the photos, I was thinking that the greatest gift parents could ever give their child is showing them just how much they love their spouse. Liv has loads of photos that will remind her just how much her parents love each other and clearly delight in her!
So excited for their wedding day and thankful to have had such a wonderful summer evening with such a great family!
It was such a priviledge to be part of Caleb and Michelle’s wedding day. There were so many incredible parts from the day, but here were a few of my favourite:
- The ladies had mimosas with a champagne called, “Michelle.”
- The wedding party was an absolute blast to photograph.
- As each of the groomsmen came on stage during the ceremony, they had a personalized handshake with the groom – pretty epic.
- There were many pauses during the ceremony to pray and take quiet moments to consider how sacred this day truly is.
- There was a traditional tea ceremony at the reception which I always love. I always find this ceremony is such a tangible depiction of honouring and respecting those that are older and wiser than you.
- There was a donut cake and a donut bar <drool>
- The heartfelt speeches that had us all crying and laughing.
- The killer dance moves that the guests showed off.
- The sparkler exit that showed their excitement perfectly.
- The wonderful couple that was so much fun to celebrate all day!
Congratulations, Caleb and Michelle!
Justen and Katie’s wedding day was absolutely beautiful. They shared many special moments together where they took the time to pause and process the moment. Plus, as an added bonus, we got to take photos on a private mountain owned by their neighbours; can it get any better than that? Cheers to your journey ahead, Katie and Justen!
This day was the BEST. Celebrating two great people is always a fantastic time, but these two are genuinely exceptional. Their day was centered so beautifully around their heart for the Lord and wanting to make sure that was first and foremost. When it rained and they ended up signing their registry in the kitchen to stay dry, they weren’t phased at all. They focused on the fact that they were committing their lives to one another in front of everyone. One of my favourite parts was that during their ceremony, they shared why they believed marriage to be such a sacred gift. Hearing their beautifully thought out words was such a blessing and encouragement to all of us.
This is one of my favourite wedding collections as to me, it shows such genuine and authentic emotion. Their smiles are real, not posed; the tears are authentic, not forced; and the spirit of joy that you see all over them is why I know these two are such a power couple. They understand where their joy comes from and are choosing to share that with one another…wow! Huge congrats to you both!
I always get excited when clients say they want to have their shoot at Lighthouse Park as it is such a beautiful spot! Nicole and John were troopers climbing around the rocks and hiking down trails to get the perfect shot. I always love when you have a couple who can make each other laugh instantly and seem to be enjoying being together so much that they don’t even notice they are getting their picture taken…it’s the best!
Being a wedding photographer is always quite exciting as you get to meet so many new couples. It’s always so fun going for coffee for the first time as you never know what they are going to be like. Within a few minutes of my first time meeting Landon and Tamara, I knew I had struck gold. Landon was one of the most involved groom’s I had ever worked with; he clearly had a goal of doing as much as he could and taking as much off Tamara’s plate leading up to the wedding in order to love and serve her well. Tamara is one of the most fun-loving, free people who quickly spreads her contagious joy. It’s no surprise then that their wedding day was absolutely beautiful.
Here were some of my favourite parts:
- The bride did her own make-up in the morning with a tiny mirror, 100% stress free.
- I got to drive with the bride, her mom, and some of her bridesmaids to the church and I couldn’t decide who was more excited for the big day between the bride and her mom. Seriously, she was ecstatic; it was awesome.
- The tearful ceremony that felt so real and genuine.
- The fact that the first thing the couple did once they were pronounced “married,” was walk over to the cross and kneel down together. They took a moment to pray and soak in the moment. As they stood up, the tears in their eyes made you realize that they really understood just how sacred and profound this day really was.
- The killer wedding party; a special shoutout to Ben who rocked the jokes to make the party laugh on demand.
- The amazing lighting we had in this beautiful meadow-like forest for the photos.
- The heartfelt and meaningful speeches that had you laughing and crying (sometimes at the same time!).
- The fact that pizza was served at around 10pm (my kind of wedding).
- This may have been one of the best dance parties I had seen at a wedding.
- The sparkler exit that had all the guests beaming as they celebrated this beautiful new couple!
Here’s to the beautiful new couple and their many adventures ahead!