This summer, I was SO pumped to get to shoot my first Alberta wedding. Having done copious amounts of west coast ones, I knew it would be a treat to get to experience a wedding in a different province and this one sure didn’t disappoint! I’ll let the photos speak for themselves, but here are a few of my favourite parts:
- How family centred the whole day was; it was clear that the couple value people over plans and made sure their day represented that well.
- The super relaxing morning that we had in the mother-of-the-bride’s BEAUTIFUL home (Seriously – I have never been into a home where not a single thing was out of place – wow!)
- The beautiful flowers that were bought at Costco and assembled by the bridesmaids the night before. I love when each bridesmaid gets to make their own bouquet; it adds such a personal touch.
- The fact that all the groomsmen rocked cowboy hats for the day!
- The fact that when the couple sat down to sign the registry, they realized they didn’t have the forms in front of them and their response was just to laugh.
- The hilarious wedding party that gave it their best shot to think of jokes on the spot to make each other laugh (room for growth on the jokes, but A+ for effort nonetheless).
- The super laid back reception that was more like a big family meal together (and the delicious food!)
- The killer dancing that put us BC folks to shame.
- Reflecting on the rehearsal the night before to the day of the wedding, I was so impressed by how many people pitched in to help out. It really gave it a family feel and made me admire the selfless hard work of so many people!
- The new couple who were so much fun to celebrate!
This was the most beautiful speech from the mother-of-the-bride. She chose to honour all the people that have played key roles in Tanis’ life. At the end, she told Riley to look at everyone who is standing, and to realize that this is his tribe of people now too.
Here’s to this new beautiful family and all the exciting adventures coming their way!