From my first meeting with Eric and Sarah, I could tell that these two would have a personal, chill, laid back type of wedding. This was exactly what I found myself capturing on their special day. The ceremony was in his backyard, and the reception was in her backyard; resulting in such meaningful locations. Here are some of my favourite highlights:
- The weather held out PERFECTLY. The only rain we had was during the drive from the portraits to the ceremony!
- Sarah’s mom had her wedding dress out next to her daughters.
- A first look that melted your heart…
- The convenience of having random antlers on the side of a wall that made for some prime photos.
- There was a wedding cake piñata.
- Dancing took place in a barn that was lit up by twinkle lights.
- Baby kittens…need I say more?
- Eric’s sisters gave their speech in the form of a rap (always a win).
- A wall at the reception that had wedding pictures from a bunch of different generations in their families.
- The rockin’ wedding party!
As you will be able to tell from the photos below, the day was filled with laughter (often caused by Eric’s attempt at jokes to make Sarah smile in photos), good food, hilarious speeches, and some solid dance moves. It was certainly a day to remember!
Eric & Sarah, thanks for trusting me to capture your day! Here’s to all the amazing adventures to come as Mr. & Mrs. Bomhof!