When I first got the inquiry email from Natasha, I was so pumped. In it, she described the feel they want for their wedding by stating, “We’re hoping to keep our wedding as socially, ethically and environmentally responsible as possible.” On August 3, Tyler and Natasha planned a day that accomplished just that. Their wedding was full of local vendors, environmentally friendly choices, and purchases from fair trade organizations. I loved that you could tell what they value just by looking around at their wedding. It was a wonderful day celebrating two wonderful people!
Here were some of my favourite parts:
- The hilarious quotes from the bride as she did her own make-up in the morning; my personal favourite being, “My neck and my face are two different colours…meh.”
- The fact that they chose not to have a wedding party; but to integrate their closest friends into various roles throughout the day.
- The amazing venue – if you are a bride looking for a spot, definitely check out the Fraser River Lodge!
- The hill that the bride walked up and over in order to enter into the ceremony.
- The fact that the couple loves running at the photographer in photos (it’s their thing and it’s awesome).
- The surrounding fields around the venue that made for some glorious backdrops.
- The fact that they served BRUNCH – seriously the best thing.
- The hilarious speeches that did the perfect job making fun of the couple and making sure they knew how loved they were.
- The bubbles & Evo car that sent them off.
- The unbelievably chill couple who definitely had their priorities right on this special day.
I loved that the first thing that these two did once they were married, was walked down this hill, and took a moment to hold each other and soak it all in. They then walked back up the hill and ventured over for family photos. It is so important to make room if your day to get to enjoy the moments that seem to rush by if you don’t stop to be still enough to process them.
I literally think this was the biggest applause I have ever heard when a bride and groom entered the reception – the guests were awesome!
Natasha & Tyler, we all wish you the best with all the exciting adventures that are coming your way! Here’s to a beautiful day and a beautiful life together!