Kyla and Adam are the type that can make each other laugh on the spot and can’t stop looking at each other – it’s the best (and makes my job super easy!). We had a great time exploring a new park and finding some beautiful spots! Kyla and I were also quite entertained by Adam’s attempt of walking through a marsh “gracefully” which ended with him being about a foot deep in mud… it’s all about creating memories, right?
The best types of couples are the ones who can keep smiling in the rain! Katie and Dylan embraced the cold, wet weather, by holding each other close and giving each other some big, warm hugs. I think we could all learn a lesson or two from them! I had a great time adventuring the park with these two!
I’ve always known that I love shooting in Golden Ears, but during this shoot, I realized how much I love shooting in Golden Ears with two people who have never been there before! Seeing the awe on Tamara and Landon’s faces as we walked through the lush forests reminded me to not take this for granted. We certainly are lucky to live in a place where this is our backyard! And I am lucky to get to photograph couples as awesome as these two!
Sarah and Nic were my last September wedding and it was definitely a great finale to the end of a crazy month! They got married in Duncan on the most beautiful property. It felt like the perfect number of people to keep it intimate and allowed for such a personal vibe.
Here were some of my favourite parts of their day:
- The bridesmaids who were such a blast to hang out with in the morning (there may have been dancing at one point…).
- The weather that literally worked out perfectly. It rained in the morning, just to make everything look extra fresh, then stopped about 30 minutes before the ceremony. So good!
- The giddy look on Sarah’s face as she was handed a surprise letter from Nic before the ceremony started…literally so cute.
- The heartfelt vows that were so meaningful and personal.
- The super relaxed nature of the bride and groom; they had such a great perspective on their day as you could tell that they so greatly valued stopping to talk to the guests, and not focus so much on the timeline.
- The hilarious speeches – seriously so good!
- The delicious food that guests enjoyed under the twinkle lights and snuggled up close to the heaters.
- The killer dance moves that the guests weren’t afraid of showing.
- The breathtaking venue that made my job pretty darn easy!
- The pleasure it was to work with Sarah and Nic and to have left with my face hurting from smiling so much 🙂
Sarah + Nic – it has been so fun getting to know you both! I wish you all the best on this exciting next chapter of your lives!
Chelsea + Lucas’ wedding was spectacular. They had the most perfect day, full of close friends, good food, and top notch dancing! Here were some of my favourite parts:
- The adorable flower girl who is the bride’s niece. I always love when there is such a special connection with who they chose for this role.
- The beautiful church that made me think this would be as close to photographing a royal wedding as I will get…
- The gorgeous flowers by Floralista, as always!
- The song that the Junior Bridesmaid wrote and sang after Chelsea walked down the aisle (seriously so amazing!).
- The entertainment I had in placing the wedding party on one side of the pathway along the Sea Wall and then standing on the other side and shooting. You’ll see below, but the amount of bikers and rollerbladers that added to the shot, was hilarious.
- The awesome city feel that we had as I did the bride + groom portraits.
- This was my first time shooting at The Loft above Earls and it was stunning! It’s the perfect intimate, cozy reception space.
- The fact that the night ended with the bride and groom hopping on a plastic horse (seems natural right?)
- And of course, the stellar couple that we got to celebrate all day long!
Cheers to Chelsea and Lucas as they start this wonderful new life together!
These two are already rockin’ the world of being engaged. It hasn’t even been a week and they have gotten engaged, done engagement photos, and will have their collection tomorrow. That’s efficiency at it’s finest!
It was so fun getting to explore the beauty of Pitt Lake with Ashton + Hana. They are an absolute blast to be around and are both beautiful free-spirits! They managed to make my job insanely easy as they literally couldn’t help but smile as they looked at each other.
Hana’s from the States, and they are having the wedding down there next year. They wanted their engagement photos to be in a place that represented Ashton and I think we did a pretty good job of getting the ‘West Coast Vibe!’ We all know that you can’t go wrong with choosing Pitt Lake as your location spot!
Here’s to this awesome couple and the beautiful journey in front of them!
It was a super exciting day when I received a message from Adrienne asking about wedding photography. We went to the same Church a few years ago and I was so excited to hear that she was engaged (the extra hilarious part was that I didn’t even know she was dating, so being her photographer has meant a GREAT opportunity to catch up on life!).
We had a great time finding so many beautiful places at Whonnock Lake, while I got to hear their beautiful story! It was easy to tell that making each other smile is certainly not a problem!
These two are kicking off my 2018 wedding season as they are getting married in just a few short months – can’t wait!
Rachel and Richard have the best story. She was in England for a dance competition, and he was living there at the time. From the moment he met her, he thought to himself, “Shoot, this is going to end in paper work.” Sure enough, the months passed, the ring soon appeared and here we are today!
Here were some of my favourite parts of their special day!
- The west-coast feel
- The beautiful hats that the groom’s family were wearing
- The colour of the bridemaid’s dresses
- The awesome old-school car that the couple drove in
- The hilarious photo-bombers that kept our portraits quite entertaining
- The fact that the groomsmen ended up on a boat…
- The beautiful first dance (helps when you marry a professional dancer)
- The heartfelt speeches that were intimate and personal
- The killer dance party
- The amazing couple who we got to celebrate all day!
All the best on this wonderful journey together, Rachel + Richard!